Doucefeuille

[ENG Friendly] Welcome

30 messages dans ce sujet

Wellcome!

This website is dedicated to Conan by Monolith board game.
The forum is mainly French, but the whole Conan community is welcome here!

If you are an English speaker do not feel lost or alone. Do not hesitate to participate, we are cool buddies and some of us are English speakers too.

we look forward to reading from you!

3 personnes aiment ça

Did you announce this website and the associated forum on boardgamegeek forums?

Bonjour!  Hello!  I know Crom needs no introduction, but I just wanted to say hi and thanks for creating this forum!  This is a great resource!  I only know a couple dozen words in French, but thanks to Google Translate being integrated with Google Chrome, I'm able to read through the forum well enough.

I actually tried to teach myself French about a year ago using the DuoLingo app, so that I could read my French Moebius comics, but stopped for some reason, even though I was starting to be able to read bits and pieces well enough.  Perhaps this site will encourage me to pick it back up. :)

Conan has easily become my favorite game of the year, and I hope to see it and the community around it continue to grow for many years.  So, thanks again for putting this together and thanks to all those creating new scenarios and tools to create new scenarios.  It's really exciting to see it blossom.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and a very happy New Year full of lots of gaming!

Crom approves!

Modifié par Crom
8 personnes aiment ça

Welcome here (by) Crom! 

Hopefully we will get more content in both languages in the future. In any case, if you require any help for any translation (esp. for scenarii/ruling), just give a nudge. 

2 personnes aiment ça

Il y a 11 heures, Crom a dit :

Bonjour!  Hello!  I know Crom needs no introduction, but I just wanted to say hi and thanks for creating this forum!  This is a great resource!  I only know a couple dozen words in French, but thanks to Google Translate being integrated with Google Chrome, I'm able to read through the forum well enough.

I actually tried to teach myself French about a year ago using the DuoLingo app, so that I could read my French Moebius comics, but stopped for some reason, even though I was starting to be able to read bits and pieces well enough.  Perhaps this site will encourage me to pick it back up. :)

Conan has easily become my favorite game of the year, and I hope to see it and the community around it continue to grow for many years.  So, thanks again for putting this together and thanks to all those creating new scenarios and tools to create new scenarios.  It's really exciting to see it blossom.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and a very happy New Year full of lots of gaming!

Crom approves!

You're in a good place ! Someone who learn french, read Moebius & like Conan canno't be a bad guy ! :)

3 personnes aiment ça

Hi everybody! I do speak french, as well as english.

I don't know the conan universe that much, but I do enjoy the game a lot!

4 personnes aiment ça

Il y a 3 heures, batman a dit :

I don't know the conan universe that much, but I do enjoy the game a lot!

Welcome here...juste read this and you will be fine with Conan and his universe :

From the american publisher Del Rey Books  :

1) "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian",

2) "The Bloody Crown of Conan""

3)"The Conquering Sword of Conan".

Thanks Pallantides! Will def give it a shot.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:14 AM, Pallantides said:

Welcome here...juste read this and you will be fine with Conan and his universe :

From the american publisher Del Rey Books  :

1) "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian",

2) "The Bloody Crown of Conan""

3)"The Conquering Sword of Conan".

2 personnes aiment ça

Thank you for the welcome!

Does anyone know if a Hero Card has been created for Ageera? Need one for a scenario I am working on.

Great site here :)

Il y a 3 heures, MeanBone a dit :

Does anyone know if a Hero Card has been created for Ageera?

Well I don't think so, but you can try to create one, with the stuff online in the "Téléchargements" (ie Download) section...

I saw those tools, but sadly I do not have the Photoshop software. Ah well, perhaps at a later time.

3 hours ago, MeanBone said:

I saw those tools, but sadly I do not have the Photoshop software. Ah well, perhaps at a later time.

There is also a gimp version. Gimp is a free software.

I was able to figure it out using GIMP for the first time. Took some trial and error. Thanks for the tools :)

ageeracard.jpg

2 personnes aiment ça

1 minute ago, MeanBone said:

I was able to figure it out using GIMP for the first time. Took some trial and error. Thanks for the tools :)

ageeracard.jpg

Nice work. A though fellow !

I can add the name in French and post it as well if anyone wants it, since I have the file open. "AGEERA LE ??????"

Posté(e) (modifié)

8 minutes ago, MeanBone said:

I can add the name in French and post it as well if anyone wants it, since I have the file open. "AGEERA LE ??????"

"chasseur de sorcière"

or

"traqueur de sorcière"

?

Don"'t you think the character is a bit too strong? orange dice for defense, manipulation and melee, plus two powerful melee skills, + spell casting and focus? He basically has no weakness :P

Modifié par JabbaTheHatt

Posté(e) (modifié)

Yes, probably, but at least no red dice :D 

I will tone him down a bit. OK, now in Francais:

ageeracardFR.thumb.jpg.27daef9fcd3ec1b40987ba07c758942f.jpg

ageeracard2.jpg

Modifié par MeanBone
3 personnes aiment ça

I can help.

In US version, he's called Ageera (or Agara) the witch-finder (literally : "le chasseur de sorcière" in french).

But in french, he's called Ageera (or Agara) l'inquisiteur (literraly : inquisitor). Word used in french for men hunting the witches, refering to the Catholic Church system to combat heresy.

It is written that Ageera is an old man, so probably not a very good fighter (5 :orange: is perhaps too much).

He is also fleshless (décharné).

But his main power is to raise squelettons.

Oh sorry, I was basing it on this description by Monolith during the KS campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1130542

They talk about his skill at arms and say he is a capable fighter.

The Skelos tile for Ageera has a red die and an orange die, which seems to be above average. It is better than the tile for Belit and Shevatas, about the same as Valeria.