Aller au contenu

[ENG] Ranged Combat - Differences with Conan

Messages recommandés

As I understand it, Batman is a modified version of the system developed for Conan. Can anyone who played in a demo game talk about tweaks that have been made to Ranged Combat? I'm interested in making custom Conan scenarios for settings with more of a focus on Ranged Combat (Three Musketeers, Pirates, etc) and am looking for new rules to spice it up.

1/ Batman's maps will introduce some area with two dots both could be used to draw line of sight. So far, the only map featured in demo has few area like that:

20170224_124017.jpg

2/ rooms don't have any dot usually used to draw line of sight. Instead, someone in a room always see (and can target) anything in the closest area linked by an opened door but no further. It works also the other way around: you can draw line of sight into a room only if you stand in the closest area linked by an opened door

3/ Firearms use new dices: white and green. In both cases average result is roughtly the same as orange and red dices (respectively) but with higher variancy. For exemple green die faces are: 4 hits, 4 hits, 1 hit, blank, blank, blank. Thus damage result is quite random.

4/ Some heroes can't use firearms (Batman, Catwoman, ...) other will have access to a number of weapons but i've seen only few of them : handgun, gatling (+:rouge::rouge: to ranged attack maybe with free rerolls, i can't remenber) and hand grenade.

• J'aime 1

• 2 semaines après...

There is a slightly different line of sight method used in the game. There are coloured letters on the board, pointing out some line of sight that is obstructed by buildings and trains. For example, there is a high ledge, which gives you LOS to limited areas. These are makes on the board by these coloured letters. 

I have created a video that explains this and other changes to the game.