Aller au contenu

Some Equipment

Arthadan

Messages recommandés

il y a 6 minutes, Arthadan a dit :

@Florentin I knew about the Conan by Boris Woloszyn but Sigyl Forge is new for me. I agree is better (and cheaper) to use available miniatures, but the thing is they need to be accurate to the movie, otherwise the feeling will be lost. There are many that could be used but only those you have posted are really accurate.

Regarding price of producing our own miniatures, I have yet to contact sculptors, but there are many, so I guess there would be a wide range of fees.

And regarding quality, these are sample items printed with my printer (I have yet to get mine, but this is the model): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280877427/morpheus-delta-fine-quality-resin-3d-printer-at-fd/posts/1750882 

Ok I understand ! You are true for the miniatures & the feeling... after the cost project must be studied and then find a solution to fund the project if too expensive.

I visited the link given! The results is quite good with the 3D printer! I didn't know 3D printing phases even If I had already seen printers worked.

This evening, I have just had a fast look on internet about this and I would like to ask a question: Don't you think that is not sculptors that are necessary but just 3D designers to create the STL files ? Or Sculptors are necessary to create the model and then scan it in 3D ?

Note: The Ahriman's heart is a good idea and is beautiful! It will help to create a campaign !

But where are you finding such beautiful pictures of the movies items ? :w00t: 

I have just met the father of a friend of my son when I went to the post office this morning !

This guy is incredible ! He launched and created a whole 32 mm miniature game by is own through a Kickstarter campaign!

I know that a lot of projects are realized by this way as Conan  but I'm always impressed by such initiative and the people that manage them !

The game is:

Catakombes Dark Reign

Note: I have attached some pictures below.

To my opinion, he is a great artist even if he is very humble !

I explained him our project to bring to life some miniatures to improve the Conan game and to help us to live adventures of the Conan movies.

He told me that to create miniatures is a quite expensive project (to sculpt them and the cost is at less: 500 € for basic minis...normal) !

If production at a big scale is not required he recommended me to better consider "conversion" (I do not know if it is the same word in English ?).

Note: "conversion" means to adapt some existing miniatures with other miniatures elements and sometimes by sculpting specific (but limited) part of the new miniatures.

He told me  that he could help us in our project we have just to identify what kind of miniatures (or part of miniatures) we would like to realize !

And he gave me his phone number !

These are good news to help us to go further ! :sorcerer:

Maybe the solution for the project is to create miniatures from scratch and to do some conversions ???

First, I think purpose is to identify what miniatures are necessary to our project.

So, are you interested by working on the battle of the mounts from "Conan the Barbarian" or do you prefer to consider an other battle ?

Below you will find a description of the different slaughters (or possibility) that take place in Conan 1 and that could be played with the game !!!

I have tagged the battles that could be the funniest to play with a (*) symbol !

Note: The battles in Conan movie n°1

Attack of the young Conan's village (*):

• Heroes:  Some cimmerian warriors + Young Conan + Conan's father + Conan's mother 
  • Overlord: Thulsa Doom + Rexor + Thorgrim + some riders + 2 x war dogs
  • Other: Some Villagers

Pit battle:

• Arena battle ...some specific rules may be to study but I think beautiful miniatures could be created to play this ! Maybe it is more a heroes battle than an overlord vs heroes...except if it is a big arena battle as in the gladiator movie with plenty of warrior ! But in the Conan's movie that did not appear!

Escape from Wolfs (before the atlantean sword) and wolf witch encounter

• have no interest for an alone scenario but maybe in a campaign...to study ?
  • Note: Or a scenario where Conan must escape the wolfs & enter into the crypt. And there he would have to fight the hyperborean warrior as in the novel?

The Serpent tower (*):

• heroes: Conan + Valeria + Subotai
  • overlord : Rexor + some Seth knights + Giant Snake + rats
  • others: Servants of Seth

King Osric's knights & Conan's team encounter in the Inn:

• Heroes: Conan + Valeria + Subotai
  • overlord: crossbow men + knights

Note: maybe quite funny to play with low level of energy for Conan's team & additionnal traps: A big green soup bowl where Conan should avoid to fall & some wine effect;)

Mountain of power attack n°1:

• Specific rules & goals for this mission to define...funny to do but maybe in a second time !

The night of the daemons battle:

• Heroes: Valeria + Subotai + Akiro
  • Overlord: some daemons (small djinn)

Cave attack (*):

• Heroes: Conan + Valeria + Subotai
  • overlord: Rexor + Thulsa Doom ( & Big serpent) + Thorgrim + some knights in armor + some light armored knights
  • option for overlord: beast men in the kitchen as in the book (in the movie it is not quite clear)
  • other: princess + packs of naked women & men (maybe specific rules could be created to make the different human pack disturb movements as in a swamp) ;)

The battle of the mounts (*):

• Heroes: Conan, Subotai & Akiro
  • Overlord: 11 riders (and 11 knights on ground) + 3 bosses on horse and on ground (Thulsa doom, Rexor, Thorgrim)
  • Other: the princess attached on a monolith
  • Specific rules for traps: only overlord team could activate them when passing on them?

Maybe, as a growth potential, the possibility to have Conan, Subotai & Akiro on horses ? It could be funny ! :)

The mountain of power attack n°2 (this time Conan did not forget to take his sword):

• Heroes: Conan + princess
  • Overlords: Some knights & Thulsa Doom
  • other: Seth Servants

Catakombes.jpg

Modifié par Florentin

Je viens de créer deux haches que les amateurs du premier Conan le barbare (1982) reconnaîtront.

Si vous êtes intéressés par elles n'hésitez pas à me contacter!

Elles ont été créées pour le scénario qui se voudrait être un remake de la bataille (presque) finale entre Conan + ses amis contre Thulsa Doom et ses sbires...mais il reste à écrire à cette heure (je le ferai plus tard!).

Des régles d'usage seront certainement à définir notamment pour la hache dite du crépuscule...mais bon à voir plus tard.

Modifié par Florentin
  • J'aime 2

259434.jpg

Thanks @Florentin ! That Heavy Axe looks brutal, as it should. 

I have some more cards in mind, but I need help with the names:

- Valeria's sword: Thief Sword

- Subotai's sword: ?

- Subotai's bow: ?

- Shield from Battle of the Mounds: Ancient shield?

- Body paint for thieves (when they sneak into the Mountain of Power): ?

Regarding the cost of producing resin-printed miniatures, I think is much lower. Maybe your friend was speaking about getting a mould done for plastic production, which would be more expensive. 

We only need a 3D modeller making the stl file and then the cost of printing which is fairly low. First quote I have, from Spare Oom Studio is £230, you can check out their work here: http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=7137

I was thinking about getting done some temple guards first, as they will be widely used in film-inspired scenarios. I'm speaking about the picture at the beginning of this post.

Modifié par Arthadan
  • J'aime 1

Il y a 16 heures, Arthadan a dit :

Thanks @Florentin ! That Heavy Axe looks brutal, as it should. 

I have some more cards in mind, but I need help with the names:

- Valeria's sword: Thief Sword

- Subotai's sword: ?

- Subotai's bow: ?

- Shield from Battle of the Mounds: Ancient shield?

- Body paint for thieves (when they sneak into the Mountain of Power): ?

Regarding the cost of producing resin-printed miniatures, I think is much lower. Maybe your friend was speaking about getting a mould done for plastic production, which would be more expensive. 

We only need a 3D modeller making the stl file and then the cost of printing which is fairly low. First quote I have, from Spare Oom Studio is £230, you can check out their work here: http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=7137

I was thinking about getting done some temple guards first, as they will be widely used in film-inspired scenarios. I'm speaking about the picture at the beginning of this post.

I should do these items cards soon but no time left today ! I have already found the pictures necessary for this (in attachement below but no Subotai's bow and I was bound to modify the shield because they had written on it...Conan... :blue:)  ! In fact, I worked on the map for the battle of the mounts (60 cm x 70 cm: see below a picture) ... it was quite difficult ! At this step, I have only the basic desert floor but without no monoliths no more Valeria's altar !  In fact it is not easy to find pictures of monoliths seen from the sky (or from the space...after drone picture I tried to find out satellite view too ;))  and I have too bad graphic design skill to create my own easily!

I did some design tests...but I found them awful...see attachement below (I used the star craft II  editor to do it but I didn't succeed in a couple of hours to obtain a better result ).

I ask myself if it wouldn't be better  to work with paper craft...First it would be faster (because plan already exist)  and would be more beautiful at the end (see attachement) ! Moreover,  I have already  found the altar (see attachement below too)!

Furthermore, I thought like you to work on the guards (and more precisely on their head that is very specific consequence of their mask below their helmet).

I believe it will be easier to make some conversion with guards once their head would be  realized ! Maybe we could use the 3D designer to make realized different arms & weapons (sword/spear/axe/shield) & use glue after...The same for the legs (Stand up, in mouvement or on horse). The body and the horses could be found in other boxes (May be in Games Workshop with horses too ???). 

Note: Funny to see what the artist realized with the 3D printer for Talisman ! I played a lot to this game ! :sorcerer: And result is very impressive !

Note: On the map below the bottom is the place where the Valeria's altar could be placed and knights could arrive by the both sides of the hill!

monolith.jpg

Battle_of_The_Mounts_V0.jpg

Monolith_v0.jpg

Valeria altar.jpg

Modifié par Florentin

No worries, I already have pictures to make all the cards I mentioned in my last post,  just need help with the names. 

Your map is a nice start!  Maybe it's time we open a different thread for the whole project, to discuss maps, scenarios and miniatures and keep this one just for equipment. 

I think we can't ask anybody wanting to play the movie scenarios we are going to create to make conversions in order to use them. The guards alone would be 10-15 miniatures and I'm sure some people around here are not into miniatures so much to make conversions. Also, getting all the right spare parts could be time-consuming and not that cheap. 

I think is better to make our own. 

Il y a 7 heures, Arthadan a dit :

No worries, I already have pictures to make all the cards I mentioned in my last post,  just need help with the names. 

Your map is a nice start!  Maybe it's time we open a different thread for the whole project, to discuss maps, scenarios and miniatures and keep this one just for equipment. 

I think we can't ask anybody wanting to play the movie scenarios we are going to create to make conversions in order to use them. The guards alone would be 10-15 miniatures and I'm sure some people around here are not into miniatures so much to make conversions. Also, getting all the right spare parts could be time-consuming and not that cheap. 

I think is better to make our own. 

Perfect @Arthadan for the pictures! If you have more beautiful pictures than the one I posted, please send me them and I will use them in the next cards!

I have created the post "Matériel pour revivre les films "Conan"" dans "variante" !

Moreover, I understand you point of view about miniatures that is wise to please other people that could be interested !

Modifié par Florentin

Compilation, all the cards in English and in French (don't worry, @Florentin did the translation, not me :w00t: ).

Available here: https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/file/50-atlantean-sword-more/

@SentMa, do you think it would be a good idea to move them to the Download section?

Modifié par Arthadan
  • J'aime 1

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...

Information importante

Notre site web se sert de cookies pour vous garantir la meilleure des navigations. En poursuivant votre visite, vous confirmez que vous acceptez ces cookies. Notre politique sur les cookies comporte d'autres clauses. Politique de confidentialité