Aller au contenu

Some Equipment

Arthadan

Messages recommandés

Atlantean sword updated! I l think the Broken sword shouldn't be very useful, so I'll leave as it is.

Here you are another classic item:

Edit: And the last one for today. A Priest robe, in case you need to disguise yourself to get into a temple (after punching some camels, that is).

priest_robe_EN.jpg

set_symbol_EN.jpg

Modifié par Arthadan
  • J'aime 9

Nice work.

I created some too:

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/topic/428-nouveaux-équipements-et-armes/

The english versions can be found on the bgg forums:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1723489/new-spells-new-equipment-new-weapons-new-armors-ne

@Doucefeuille @Djimne Perhaps this topic should be moved to the advice/creation section?

Modifié par JabbaTheHatt
  • J'aime 1

On 04/07/2017 at 7:18 PM, Arthadan said:

Atlantean sword updated! I l think the Broken sword shouldn't be very useful, so I'll leave as it is.

Here you are another classic item:

Edit: And the last one for today. A Priest robe, in case you need to disguise yourself to get into a temple (after punching some camels, that is).

priest_robe_EN.jpg

set_symbol_EN.jpg

I like the medallion. I envision it could give the wearer the ability to cast the spells with the name of Set (set's halo, etc.) with a number of spendable gems on it :)

• J'aime 2

Il y a 3 heures, JabbaTheHatt a dit :

I like the medallion. I envision it could give the wearer the ability to cast the spells with the name of Set (set's halo, etc.) with a number of spendable gems on it :)

Could be cool, indeed. Until now, there isnt a lot of magical artefacts (it is Conan, not D&D), but it could be nice sometimes, to increase the variety of  scénario. Something like a skyrim crossover ;)

• J'aime 2

Je sais que ce n'est pas trop l'objet de ce forum qui se veut au plus proche de l'oeuvre d'Howard mais franchement je prendrais mon pied à revivre sur table des scènes du film de conan le barbare donc tout ce qui pourrait y contribuer je trouverais ceci fantastique!

C'est pour cela que j'applaudis des deux mains bien haut toutes les réalisations de ce post qui pourraient y contribuer! 

• J'aime 2

Thank you Arthadan!

Great! I think all your equipments are going to contribute to make my dream reality! Soon I will be able to live one of the "Conan the Barbarian" most important Battle: the Battle of the mounds for true! :sorcerer:

Ok...Nevertheless, it is still missing one or two specific things  before to reach this purpose! :P

Some items (2 big axes to put inside riders, arrows to put into  other riders too, a shield...), some riders and enemies bosses (Rexor, Thulsa doom,...) tills, rules to use horses, some miniatures, Akiro & Subotaï hero cards, famous Conan trap that could be activated once the helmet fit on it  (I have some rules ideas for trap), the map and a scenario with different goals (survive to riders charge, protect the princess, break the sword of the Conan 's father, kill Rexor & Thorgrim )... So nearly nothing to do before!  ;)

But soon battle could become reality! :-)

Modifié par Florentin
  • J'aime 1

Glad you like it, Florentin!

It seems we think alike ;)

I'll make a couple items from the 2nd movie next. Then I think I'll give it a try to the arrow-snake spell Thulsa Doom uses to try to kill the Princess.

I got a resin printer and I'm seriously thinking about comissioning some miniature designs to profesional 3D artists. A tile without a matching miniature doesn't have much use.

Only thing left would be maps. I'm afraid doing maps is beyond my skill.

• J'aime 1

Great :w00t:!

- second movie offers plenty of opportunities of battles too! So working on second movie items is a good idea!

il y a 58 minutes, Arthadan a dit :

I got a resin printer and I'm seriously thinking about comissioning some miniature designs to profesional 3D artists. A tile without a matching miniature doesn't have much use.

Yes it is a good idea! But such activities may be quite expensive if you are alone to pay except if you have friends that could do this freely! If necessary I can financially help you and maybe other "The overlord" members would be interested ? But I have absolutely no idea of the cost and of the result? 

Maybe first an other easiest idea would be to try to find on the Web already existing miniatures that could be used! I can not believed that in 34 years since the first movie,  no miniatures that look like some characters from the Conan movies or Frazetta drawings were not created! I will look at this and maybe the community could help us too ?

As example, see pictures in attachement below that come from the Facebook page of:

Le Sunday, April 09, 2017 à 15:12, Starkan a dit :

A voir tout spécialement : le site de Sygill Forge qui propose d'autres figurines qui sont très bien pour l'univers de Conan : des guerrières comme Bélit ou Valéria, un spartiate qui fait un excellent Pallantides...etc ..

Le Sunday, April 09, 2017 à 15:17, Starkan a dit :

le site de boris sur facebook est celui-ci :

Boris Woloszyn Miniatures

I have just seen on them that soon an hyperborean miniature serie will be made by Sygill Forge & maybe a Conan (Schwarzy look like) by Boris Woloszyn ! :w00t:

Moreover, as a very first step, miniatures could be ...in paper as a mockup ???

il y a 58 minutes, Arthadan a dit :

Only thing left would be maps. I'm afraid doing maps is beyond my skill.

I have not real skill for this but I'm interested (I have already practised  a little "The Gimp", I have a graphic tablet too) ! So I could try to do some of them and at the same time, I could look for maps on the web that look like the ones we would like to create! 

And as a first step maybe the map could be very simple too to allow to develop only items and scenarios ?

Furthermore, maybe, should we create a new post to work on the specific elements to bring to life battles from the Conan ' s movies ???

20170411_012601.png

20170411_012417.png

20170411_012207.png

@Florentin I knew about the Conan by Boris Woloszyn but Sigyl Forge is new for me. I agree is better (and cheaper) to use available miniatures, but the thing is they need to be accurate to the movie, otherwise the feeling will be lost. There are many that could be used but only those you have posted are really accurate.

Regarding price of producing our own miniatures, I have yet to contact sculptors, but there are many, so I guess there would be a wide range of fees.

And regarding quality, these are sample items printed with my printer (I have yet to get mine, but this is the model): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280877427/morpheus-delta-fine-quality-resin-3d-printer-at-fd/posts/1750882 

I think I'll keep this thread for posting equipment, when I'm done with that we can open a new one for the whole project (maps, scenarios, heroes, etc).

@Starkan Great painting skill!

And now, in order to get the Horn of Dagoth (by the way, I have changed its weight to 1 instead of 2), we need the Heart of Ahriman...

heart.png

• J'aime 2

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...

Information importante

Notre site web se sert de cookies pour vous garantir la meilleure des navigations. En poursuivant votre visite, vous confirmez que vous acceptez ces cookies. Notre politique sur les cookies comporte d'autres clauses. Politique de confidentialité