Aller au contenu

Le bal de la Saint-Val FR

jbt

Messages recommandés

2 joueurs - OL vs OL - Core Box + SGs

BalStVal2.thumb.jpg.5463e27924ae91a46e591167707fbe72.jpg

"Comme chaque année, en ce 14 Février 2017, à Pitibon-sur-Sauldre, l'heure est aux réjouissances avec le traditionnel bal de la Saint-Valentin.

Cette année, c'est le thème de Conan de Robert E. Howard qui a été retenu. Suggéré par le fils de Mme Ploumarel après qu'il ait participé à quelque financement participatif, ce thème a permis aux gens de puiser dans la variété de cet univers fantastique pour leurs costumes. Et pour une fois où ce jeune garçon par ailleurs plutôt solitaire (il passe des heures à peindre des figurines !) proposait quelque chose, tout le monde a joué le jeu.

Alors que la soirée bat son plein, il est bientôt l'heure de désigner le roi et la reine de la Saint-Valentin et cela se fait, comme chaque année, au jeu des petits plaisirs."

Citation

Scénario réalisé dans le cadre du concours OL vs OL, il a été publié dans le premier compendium.

Depuis le placement initial a été revu pour éviter certains cas de blocages, placement qui n'avait pu être pris en compte lors de l'édition.

Jbt.

le bal de la saint val.pdf (version compendium)

Modifié par jbt
  • J'aime 2

• 5 mois après...

I translated this scenario into English (since I haven't the Compendium 1 book), made a mature and more historical accurate introduction and I added a recruitment variant for a fun evening. Remember this is a scenario which is to be played with 2 Overlords, so you need 2 Books of Skelos.

CC1 - 04 The Valentines day ball (Le bal de la Saint Val) EN.pdf

You can make your own Overlord Book of Skelos with this template.

Print the appropriate page on A3 landscape format. If you want, you can print one page 2 times, glue it on thick paper, cut out the River, print out onother page and glu that also on thick paper, glue both together and you have your own custom made Book of Skelos.

Book of Skelos A3 - Landscape.pdf

Il y a 2 heures, Ronvantveer a dit :

I translated this scenario into English (since I haven't the Compendium 1 book), made a mature and more historical accurate introduction and I added a recruitment variant for a fun evening. Remember this is a scenario which is to be played with 2 Overlords, so you need 2 Books of Skelos.

CC1 - 04 The Valentines day ball (Le bal de la Saint Val) EN.pdf

Good to see it translated. But I should warn you I've modified setup to avoid a blocking strategy. New setup is the picture shown above.

Le 9-3-2018 à 14:30, jbt a dit :

Good to see it translated. But I should warn you I've modified setup to avoid a blocking strategy. New setup is the picture shown above.

Ok, wasn't aware of that. I have updated the translation now. Since the setup is now different from the one in Compendium 1, I have added a remark on the updated version.

CC1 - 04 The Valentines day ball (Le bal de la Saint Val) EN_v2.pdf

il y a 13 minutes, Ronvantveer a dit :

Ok, wasn't aware of that. I have updated the translation now. Since the setup is now different from the one in Compendium 1, I have added a remark on the updated version.

CC1 - 04 The Valentines day ball (Le bal de la Saint Val) EN_v2.pdf

Great, Thks ! Ah humm... I'm Joce, no need to add a remark.

Thanks, we enjoyed this scenario very much, as it has a completely different game mechanic. Wasn't expecting this type of play at all from an OLvsOL scenario.

We had 2 questions.

1) Are the starting heroes also considered guests that can be recruited?

2) With the raven tile, can you also move the queens around?

Modifié par Springbringer

Le 13-3-2018 à 23:20, Springbringer a dit :

Thanks, we enjoyed this scenario very much, as it has a completely different game mechanic. Wasn't expecting this type of play at all from an OLvsOL scenario.

We had 2 questions.

Answer: I interpreted the scenario as follows, but you have to ask Joce, the author if this is correct:

1) No, these are not neutral characters but belonging to one of the OL's (as stated in the scenario)

2) No, only the tiles that are laid next to the gameboard - during setup - can be recruited. In that way, you cannot activate one of the queens with the Book of Skelos, so the maidens are just waiting for the perfect bachelor...

Modifié par Ronvantveer
better answer

Le 13/03/2018 à 23:20, Springbringer a dit :

We had 2 questions.

Il y a 19 heures, Ronvantveer a dit :

Answer: I interpreted the scenario as follows, but you have to ask Joce, the author if this is correct:

1) No, these are not neutral characters but belonging to one of the OL's (as stated in the scenario)

2) No, only the tiles that are laid next to the gameboard - during setup - can be recruited. In that way, you cannot activate one of the queens with the Book of Skelos, so the maidens are just waiting for the perfect bachelor...

Actually, Ronvantveer is right for the two points, if we consider my intial opinion.

But as i did not strictly mentionned that it's forbiden, several players has played it answering yes to both questions and give me some good feedbacks.

You just want to be careful about point 1 if you choose to authorize it because it can transform the game in a boring character ping-pong if the two player want a typical character unless new placement delayed that a lot too.