Aller au contenu

[Eng] Compendium Plans

Messages recommandés

I read in the Kickstarter comments that the fan scenario Compendium is nearly finished being translated into English. I've got a couple questions.

1.) What are the plans for distribution?

2.) Do you need help proofreading or editing the English content? I have some experience doing this.

3.) Are there any plans to release further Compendiums with scenarios originally in English?

Proof-reading is already finished, but another reader is always good.

@Doucefeuille, if need be, another volunteer here.

For the distribution, I assume it will be done through Tipee in due time. Layout is not done yet, as far as I know (I understood there are some personal constraints on people which are doing the layout, then it will have to be printed, so I don't expect it will be available before September).

For future plans, there will be some additional compendium in French (enough volunteers available). For EN translation, it will mainly depend on the availability of volunteers for translation/layout.

Je me permets de répondre en français, si l'un de vous veut bien faire une traduction propre :

1. @Zachary Ruiz peut bien sur aider a lire et relire les traductions, il n'y a aucun souci... un natif est évidement d'une grande aide.
  2. Pour un compendium d'origine anglaise, je n'y vois pas d’inconvénient, du tout, ça serait même amusant de confronter au travail francophone.
  3. Pour le compendium tome1, la version anglaise et sa distribution physique, je ne sais pas, tout simplement.... les contraintes sont nombreuse:
  • il va devenir impossible de, dorénavant que le forum est chez Monolith, demander une participation poru les frais de port, ça serait interprété comme un acte de vente de Monolith.
  • Pour des raisons évidents de couts, l’impression et le dispatch doit être réalisé depuis les États-Unis, ou du Canada a Minima, nous avons bien une personne de confiance mais il me faut encore lui en parler.
  • Etc, etc, etc....

Par conséquent, la seule chose certaine aujourd’hui, nous proposeront les scenarios sur le forum anglais dés que possible : https://the-overlord.net

Translation of Sentma´s post :

1. Of course @Zachary Ruiz can help to review translations. A native is always a great help. 

2. No problem for an English-originated compendium. It would be funny to confront with French work. 

3. For the compendium vol.1, its translation and its physical distribution, SentMa can't say because of many constraints :

- The Overlord being now related to Monolith, it will be impossible to ask for a participation to shipping fees. It could be seen as a selling act. 

- For obvious cost reasons, printing and shipping have to be done from the US or Canada. For that, they have a trusted person there but they have to talk with him first. 

- And so on...

Consequently, the only sure thing is that English scénarios will be proposed on the English site (http://the-overlord.net) as soon as possible. 

( I hope that I didn't change the meaning of Sentma's post ^_^)

Modifié par Sokoben
  • J'aime 1